Impact of Pornography and the Intersection with Child Sex Trafficking and Abuse
- Wednesday, September 29th
- 10 AM – 1 PM
- Cost: $35
This workshop delves into the world of pornography and its impact on congregants, children, our communities and ourselves. We’ll discuss common types of pornography, including genres with enormous popularity reveal some astounding statistics and information on the use of porn, and look at its impact on the brain. Participants will also explore the deep connections between pornography and the growing problem of domestic child sex trafficking and child sexual abuse –in our own communities.
Prior to the workshop, registrants will be provided with links to two videos to view and worksheets to complete prior to the workshop as follows
- A one-hour video featuring an interview with Linda Crockett, workshop facilitator, and Pastor Mark Harris who was a victim of child sex trafficking and now advocates for all survivors of child sex abuse
- A brief news video featuring Pastor Michael John Cusick on how his addiction to porn nearly destroyed his life.
Participants are asked to bring their completed worksheets with them to the Zoom meeting to aid in facilitated discussion of the videos during the workshop. Both written chat and voice discussion modes will be utilized.
- Facilitator: Linda Crockett, Founder and Director, Safe Communities Lancaster PA
- Assisted by: Andrea Stoner Leaman, Program Manager, Safe Communities Lancaster PA
See Jacqueline Hines for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-963-1721