Dear United Methodists of EPA and GNJ,
We are living in a challenging season as we emerge from the pandemic, disaffiliation and the continuing movement of secular culture away from religion and the church. But every time, in the midst of challenge, God has been ready to do a new thing. For a tormented people enslaved in Egypt, or a wandering people on a dusty trail in the wilderness, or three young people in a fiery furnace standing up to a king, or a huddled group of disciples in an upper room, God was working a new thing.
Can’t you see it? God’s new thing is springing up all around us even today. (Isaiah 43:19 and 65:16-17).
At the most recent Northeastern Jurisdictional Conference (NEJ) where we elect new bishops, the conference could have elected four bishops but chose to elect only one, in part because of membership and financial realities. It is becoming clearer that alignments and affiliations between conferences will be the future model within the NEJ, and that EPA and GNJ will be working together into the future.
For months, leadership from both conferences have recognized this possibility and have asked what is the new thing God wants to do? What will we do so that the mission thrives during the challenges? After prayer and discernment, we believe that new thing is to collaborate to enhance and grow the mission of Jesus Christ through our congregations...
Continue reading: Message from Bishop Schol: EPA/GNJ Affiliation
Recorded EPA & GNJ Affiliation Webinar
Latest News & Information
Justice for Our Neighbors needs Spanish-English interpreters now!
Webinars explain advent of EPA & GNJ affiliation
New EPA/GNJ joint communications team collaborates
Bishop announces EPA/GNJ affiliation, EPA regionalization plans
- Affiliation in Conflict Resolution – Already occurring
- Appointment of Dawn Taylor-Storm as Assistant to Bishop – December 1, 2022
- Affiliation in Communications – December 1, 2022
- Regionalization – January 1, 2023
- Affiliation in Appointments – January 1, 2023
- Affiliation in Leadership Development – April 1, 2023
- Project Management Procedures – May 1, 2023
- Affiliation in Databases – Exploration by January 15 and implementation June 1, 2023
- Affiliation in Connectional Ministries & Pathways:
- Youth Ministries– March 1, 2023
- Camping & Retreats– March 1, 2023
- Urban Ministries – May 1, 2023
- Hope and Wholeness Centers – May 1, 2023
- Ending the Sin of Racism – May 1, 2023
- Racial-Ethnic Ministries – May 1, 2023