“You are to walk in every pathway that the Lord your God commanded you, so that life may go well for you.” (Deuteronomy 5:33, ISV)
Welcome to PATHWAYS
“This is the connection at work: supporting local churches with compassion, experience, and strength…..thoughtfully guiding a strategic planning process which makes good use of the congregation’s own ideas and energy.” - a Pathways participant, fall of 2022
Pathways to Congregational Fruitfulness & Health is an initiative approved by the 2022 Annual Conference that offers congregations an intentional process to prepare, assess, learn and grow in their understanding of what it means to be a healthy, fruitful congregation. Pathways provides spiritual and strategic resources presented by a trained Facilitator to a team of your local church leaders, to discern a ministry plan which is organic and appropriate for your particular setting.
Pathways is voluntary, although highly recommended for each church….and it’s supported by your Connectional Ministry Fund (CMF) contributions so it’s free! Each Pathways congregation will work with the assigned facilitator to make honest assessment of its current reality and then prayerfully discern faithful next steps.
- Is your congregation making disciples of Jesus Christ?
- Is the work of your congregation contagious and kingdom-advancing?
- How well do you relate to your community?
- Are you moving towards being more culturally competent?
- Is your building well-used in vibrant service and outreach opportunities?
- Do you have adequate assets & resources to succeed in the future?
- Are you ready for new challenges which will develop new leaders?
If any of this resonates with you, then please sign up at the link below.
Begin a journey with us & each other which promises new life for your church, to the glory of God!
“…thy Word our law, thy paths our chosen way.”
(God of the Ages, UM Hymnal, #698)