- Where can someone go for help if a friend or family member is incarcerated?
- Prison Ministry Church Contacts: Eastern PA Churches involved in Prison Ministry and Restorative Justice
- Prison Ministry Organization Contacts: PA Chaplain contact information, and additional organizations involved in Prison Ministry and Restorative Justice
- National Healing Communities website: will give you more information on this organization. Local contacts in the Philadelphia area are co-directors Dr.Chris Kimmenez who you can reach at email@example.com or Dr. A`Shellarien Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org. They hold quarterly meetings with congregations who have been trained in Healing Communities to share ministries and talk about work in the community.
- Ministry to the Incarcerated, a book by Dr. Henry G. Covert. “Dr. Covert uses his experience as both police officer and retired state prison chaplain to examine the problems of the incarcerated, specifically the stressors which are obstacles to a prisoner’s personal and spiritual development. In his analysis he provides both secular and biblical themes that promote penal reform and offender rehabilitation.” If you have any questions, you may contact Dr. Covert at email@example.com, or Download and share the flyer!
- Eastern PA Conference Committee on Prison Ministries & Restorative Justice on Facebook
- Prison Ministry & Restorative Justice Introductory Brochure (PDF)
Kairos Prison Ministry
Kairos is a 3-day course on Christianity similar to Walk-to-Emmaus for men and women who are inside prisons and, through Kairos Outside, meeting the spiritual needs of women waiting for their incarcerated loved ones. Kairos teaches about Jesus Christ and his call to each of us, his healing, and his request that we help each other and love each other. Even more important, the ultimate goal is not outsiders caring for those inside. Its goal is to build a strong community of faith on the inside – so inmates are there for each other, to support one another and lift up their brothers and sisters when they need it. They are there for each other – every day, throughout the day – at times when volunteers from the outside could never be there. Kairos prison ministry has programs in 38 states in the U.S. and in nine other countries, including 9 programs in Pennsylvania and two in Delaware.
Contact Scott Johnson for more information: 610-608-7862, firstname.lastname@example.org, Royersford UMC
Prison Ministry & Restorative Justice News
- Christmas card outreach to inmates grows
The Eastern PA Conference’s Christmas Cards to Inmates Project scored another record-breaking year in December 2017. Nearly 9,500 Christmas cards were, in the words of a popular song, “signed, sealed, delivered,” mostly to recipients in 11 of our region’s county and state correctional facilities. Read more
- Christmas Cards for Inmates ministry grows
Deadline for cards is Nov. 6 The best gifts keep on giving, and that’s what is happening with the Christmas Cards for Inmates Project, a growing initiative of the Eastern... Read more