“God’s desire for us is to build communities of hope and joy.” The Eastern PA Conference United Women in Faith (formerly United Methodist Women) invite all to join in exploring that inspiring, unifying desire at monthlong sessions of Mission u 2022, to be held online July 7-28.
The cost is $25 per person. The registration deadline is extended to July 1. . View a new, 1-minute promotional video, “It’s time to recharge with Mission u.”
“Who Can We Be Together? Building Communities of Hope and Joy” is the event’s theme that will focus on our response to Christ’s call to community. Through a justice-oriented and biblically-centered curriculum, Mission u continues its commitment to “learning together for transformation of the world.”
The annual Mission u has a new format this year. The July 7-28 virtual meeting will include study, classes and worship—all held online via Zoom. All participants will take the same study. Women and men, lay and clergy are all invited to participate.
Books available for adult, youth and children will focus on a common biblical theme, found in Luke 13. Participants are invited to use the adaptable lessons in small groups, local churches, vacation Bible schools, retreats and other settings.
A biblical exploration of Luke 13
The 2022 adult curriculum by Candace Simpson brings participants deeper into Jesus’ teachings, found in Luke 13, that explore what it means to be in community. As the author notes, “For followers of Christ 2,000 years later, it’s important for us to sit with the range of emotions we have in response to these words.
“It’s not easy to build and sustain communities, especially when there are forces that drain us, exhaust us, and even push us to act uncharacteristically. And yet, we are called to act on the most ethical principles of our faith so we can witness the kin-dom of God on earth.”
- The Rev. Frank Moore, Pastor of Camphor Memorial UMC, Philadelphia
- The Rev. Neal Christie, Executive Minister of Connected Engagement at the Baltimore-Washington Conference
- Judy Kennedy, Susquehanna Conference, former Jurisdictional President United Women in Faith
- Praveena Balasundaram, Director of Communication, United Women in Faith National Office
The cost is $25 per person, with $15 going to the Conference Mission Giving Pledge. There is no cost for youth, grades 7 through 12.
Study books, Who Can We Be Together? A Biblical Exploration of Luke 13, must be purchased in advance through the United Women in Faith website: uwfaith.org. The adult curriculum (M3364) is $10. Place one order for multiple study books to decrease the shipping cost.
- Four consecutive weekday mornings: July 18–21, at 9:30–11:30 AM.
- Four consecutive weekday afternoons: July 11–14, at 1:00–3:00 PM
- Once a week for four Thursday evenings: July 7, 14, 21, 28, at 7:00–9:00 PM
- One weekend: July 22, at 6:30–8:30 PM; and July 23, at 10:00 AM–12:00 PM; 1:00–3:00 PM; and 3:30–5:30 PM.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available!
Attendees at Mission u can receive credit for 8 hours if they attend all sessions. Credits are available to Christ Servant Ministers, Certified Lay Ministers, Certified Lay Speakers and Pastors. Certificates will be sent out electronically with the number of hours.
View a new, 1-minute promotional video, “It’s time to recharge with Mission u”