Carson Simpson Farm to get new Executive Director
Carson Simpson Farm Christian Center will soon receive a new Camp Director. Ray Neitz recently retired from that role and Meg Neitz retired as Program Director, both after more than two decades of dedicated, life-changing service to Carson Simpson campers and retreaters. Ray will stay on to manage camp maintenance and assist in the transition. The Conference Camping Board celebrated them both at its November meeting and will announce the hiring of a new Director this month.
Want to know more about what’s happening at Carson Simpson Farm? Check out their latest newsletter.
Gretna Glen gatherings inspire youth
Free Youth Group Nights—featuring fun, faith-building activities and fellowship, snacks, and wisdom from guest speakers—resume in January on third Sundays–Jan. 19, Feb. 16, March 15, and April 19–from 4 to 6:30 PM. Free for Middle & High School youth. Learn more…
Bishop Peggy Johnson spoke to a large Sunday evening gathering of youth and adults at the Youth Group Night Nov. 17. Titling her talk “I Won’t Go Speechless!” she urged the young people to emulate young role models and use their voices as advocates for social justice, protection of the earth’s environment and other important causes, including school violence, water injustice, vaping and bullying. She cited Malala Yousafzai, Greta Thunberg, the Parkland, Fla., school activists against gun violence, and other current, outspoken young advocates. But she also lifted up Jeremiah the prophet, Methodism’s founder John Wesley and St. Francis of Assisi. And she offered the youth buttons emblazoned with the words “Speak up!” View the vivid PowerPoint slides from her talk.
More upcoming Gretna Glen events:
- Youth Winter Blast Retreat: February 7-9. Friday, 7 PM to Sunday,.2 PM. For grades 6-12. Cost $90. “Awesome group games, renewing worship experiences, and reconnecting with nature. There’s something for everyone, and a great chance to see camp in the crisp winter air, with the wood stove cranking out the heat.” Learn more…
- United Methodist Confirmation Camp: March 27-29 (and Oct. 9-11). From Friday 7 PM to Sunday 1:30 PM. For church confirmation classes. Cost: $90. Confirmation Camp Page & Registration. Confirmation Camp Brochure
- Children’s Spring Blast Retreat: April 3-4. From Friday, 7 PM to Saturday, 7 PM. For Grades 1-6. Cost: $40. 24 hours of a camp break from school. Expect music, games, food, and lots of memorable experiences!
- And more: Spring Work Day, April 18; and Annual Gretna Gritty Mud Run, May 9. Learn more about these and other Spring events.
Want to know more about what’s happening at Gretna Glen and see a photo of the staff? Check out their latest newsletter.
Pocono Plateau matching gift challenge and more
A Matching Gift Challenge has presented “a wonderful opportunity for donors to double their financial gifts to the camp,” announces the Rev. Ron Schane, Pocono Plateau Director, who hopes the $5,000 matching gift challenge draws generous donations before Dec. 17. That’s when all donations will be matched dollar for dollar up to $5,000. “This is an awesome way to support the camp and make the most of your contribution,” said Schane.
For other upcoming events, visit their website’s Event Calendar or get specific event info:
- December 29-31: Children’s Winter Jamboree Retreat
- December 29-31: Jr. & Sr. High Winter Blast Retreat
- January 24-26: Youth Group Winter Escape Retreat (for grades 6-12).
- February 28-March 1: UMC Confirmation Retreat
Want to know more about what’s happening at Pocono Plateau? Check out their latest newsletter.
Camp Innabah winter retreats
Join us Jan 31 to Feb 2, 2020, for our Young Children’s, Children’s, and Youth Winter Retreats!
Want to know more about what’s happening at Camp Innabah? Check out their latest newsletter.