North District News
Clergy Interviews are still being scheduled. Pastors, please make a commitment to one of the dates offered. Use the following link to schedule your interview, if you haven’t done so already. (Clergy Interview Scheduling Link).
This year we are also using a new facility, Sign Now, that will allow you to fill out and sign your clergy interview form electronically. Here (2019 Clergy Profile) is the link for your Clergy Profile. As a reminder your clergy profile is due 2 weeks prior to your interview date.
A Message from D. S. Morton . . .
“…the Well is deep. Where do you get that living water?” (John 4:11b)
In my next-to-the-last year as Senior Pastor at Hopewell UMC, the congregation made a half-million dollar purchase of a former funeral home in the borough of Downingtown in response to a vision I had cast seven years earlier: that we would be a vibrant ministry presence in the city – primarily providing safe, affordable housing but also vital community services in the name of Jesus.
Today that 15,000-square-foot property is affectionately known as The Well, and while the residential apartments are still being renovated, already the building houses ministries such as Celebrate Recovery, literacy programs for children, and the Downingtown Senior Center. Equally important: the Well is yet another face in the community where members of the faith family can (and do) live out their calling to SERVE…a delightful two-edged sword which brings LIFE to God’s people in the city and LIFE to the local church.
On Saturday, September 21 when Hopewell UMC hosts its 15th Planting Seeds for Ministry event, I want to entice you to make the long trip to Chester County by adding a special feature for North District participants: a tour of The Well facility in the late morning (prior to the start of Planting Seeds at 1 PM). Visiting lecturer Jen Hatmaker’s presentation at Planting Seeds is a Faith Sharing event of the EPC, designed to inspire and resource local church leaders in the business of evangelism and church transformation. A tour of the Well will dramatically illustrate one very strong congregation’s strategy for providing community service AND personal spiritual growth simultaneously.
See Jen’s invitation to you here:
Pastors, I want to see you…and I hope you’ll bring your key leaders, as Well.
(if you have several church members attending, feel free to register them all online.
Also, please feel free to use the “Tell a Friend” Link on the registration page
to let others know about this event!)
PA PR VIM = Eastern Pennsylvania’s Puerto Rico Volunteers In Mission offers you a –
SPECIAL INVITATION TO PUERTO RICO…
As you may be aware, the Conference has been working to send workers and representatives to Puerto Rico on an ongoing Basis. This year, there are three trips planned:
If you feel the gentle nudge of God calling you to participate in this ongoing effort – by having someone come an speak to your congregation about it, by donating to one of these trips financially, or by going yourself, please contact:
EPA PR VIM Project Manager
NORTH DISTRICT NIGHT AT THE
August 23rd at 7:05pm
Tickets are $12
Ticket price of $11 plus $1 for
District Mission Project – Camperships for Pocono Plateau
(Each ticket includes $2 towards food at the stadium)
Please purchase your tickets through your church for a night of baseball, fun, and fellowship!!
NORTH DISTRICT EPAUMC CALENDAR
New and Updated Events are in BOLD
- July 27th – Clergy Picnic at Knoebels (Details Below) – REGISTER NOW!!!!
- August 8th – EarthKeepers Training (Details Below)
- August 10th – Orientation to Ministry (Details Below)
- August 20th – # MeToo – Sexual Ethics Workshop for Women Only (Details Below).
- August 23rd – District Night at Iron Pigs (Details Below)
Other 2019 Dates –
- Sept 14 – Racism, Post-Tramatic Stress, & Transformation for People of Color (Details Below)
- Sept 21 – Planting Seeds at Hopewell (Faith Sharing Workshop) w/ Jen Hatmaker. Click for details
- Sept 23rd – Bishop’s Day on the District (Eastside) – 6:30pm
- Sept 24th – Bishop’s Day on the District (Westside) – 6:30pm
- Sept 28th – Breaking Out of the Man Box (Simpson House) – 9am-3pm (Details Below)
- October 12, 2019 – Basic Sexual Ethics Workshop; 9:30-3:00; (Details Below)
- Oct. 20 – Oct. 24 – North District Mission Trip to Crisfield, MD
- Nov. 2nd- Churches as First Responders; Phoenixville UMC; 9am-Noon
2020 Dates to Save –
- 3/7/20 – Tools for Ministry
- 4/25/20- Evangelism workshop at Wesley UMC
- **5/17/20 – North District Conference (afternoon)
- **6/18-6/20 – EPA Annual Conference