The Eastern PA Conference’s weekly prayer meetings on Zoom continue on Tuesdays at noon, with participants sharing the honors of leading the half-hour sessions. The Rev. David Piltz, Coordinator of Youth & Young Adults Ministries, started the ministry last April as the COVID-19 pandemic became more daunting, taking a growing toll on many lives through infections, deaths and social distancing.
The sharing each week of personal joys and concerns, followed by intercessory prayers, seems to offer a communal balm of spiritual healing and hopefulness for some participants. The online gatherings have drawn as many as several dozen attendees.
Conference Cabinet members took turns leading prayer sessions in August and September. Since then, regular participants and occasional guests have taken the lead, often adding favorite music, poetry and prose to their prayers. College freshman and former Conference Council on Youth Ministry president Jose Tirado recently led a session.
And now a new lineup of persons will lead a month of prayer meetings from Jan. 19 to Feb. 23. They are:
- Jan. 19– Sue Kiefner, Christ Servant Minister at Wesley UMC Bethlehem
- Jan. 26– Rev Stacey Jones-Anderson, Pastor of First UMC Bristol
- Feb. 2– Bishop Peggy Johnson
- Feb. 9 – Rev Lorraine Foster, Associate Pastor of Sanctuary UMC
- Feb.16– Keynan Williams, Associate Pastor of Peoples Church and Founder of Tribe Collective
- Feb. 23– Lee Woodall, an Elder at the Bible Way Church and a former NFL Super Bowl Champion.
All are invited to join in the weekly prayer meetings on Zoom. The Meeting ID is 591 129 374. To participate by telephone call: +1 646 558 8656. Learn more… Read the original article that introduced this ministry: “Online prayer groups seek healing despite social distancing.”