Thursday, August 28, 2014
David Koch was elected for his first four-year term to serve as Conference Lay Leader at 2014 Annual Conference Laity Session.
Although you can find a full description for the Conference Lay Leader in The Book of Discipline 2008, the following is an overview of that description:
The Annual Conference Lay Leader is required to be a member of the following committees (he or she may be asked to serve on other committees):
1. The Annual Conference
2. The Conference Committee on Nominations
3. The Conference Committee on Episcopacy
4. The Commission on Conference Sessions
5. The Congregational Transformational Team
6. Chairperson Board of Lay Ministry (3 Meetings per yr)
7. Lay Academy Task Forces
Board of Laity - meets once a year
National Association of Conference Lay Leaders
For more information, contact David Koch, firstname.lastname@example.org.