Mrs. Jennie Edmonds passed away on May 31, 2014. A longtime member (since 1952) of Camphor Memorial UMC in Philadelphia, Pa., she was the widow of The Rev. Dr. Claude A. Edmonds, who retired in 1998 as a clergy member of the Eastern PA Conference.
Prior to 1964, Rev. Edmonds served churches in the former Delaware Conference, including Philadelphia: John Wesley, then the Aireys Charge, the Denton Larger Parish and Waugh Chapel–all in Maryland. In 1964 he was appointed to Philadelphia: Emmanuel. In 1969 he became the Urban Director of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference until he was appointed a Conference Consultant in 1973. From 1975 to 1980 he served as the Philadelphia Northwest District as Superintendent. From 1988 to 1994 he served as Senior Pastor of Philadelphia: Tindley Temple. He returned to the Philadelphia Northwest District Superintendency until 1994. Rev. Edmonds was appointed a second time to Tindley Temple in 1994, where he served until retirement in 1998.
Expressions of sympathy may be sent to the family in care of her son, Mr. Craig Edmonds, 127 Lincoln Road, Collegeville, PA 19426.