The Florida Conference is actively seeking an experienced professional with a proven record of leadership for the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Treasurer / Director of Administration. The CFO will be responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of the Florida Conference, including budget coordination, cash and investment management, central treasury operations, financial reporting and accounting management. The role is also responsible for overseeing the administrative functions, including Human Resources and Benefits, Facilities Management, Information Technology, and Risk Management. The CFO serves as a relational leader, responsible for casting a vision for the Conference, while also bringing inclusive, collaborative and decisive leadership to the Conference.
• Serves as a valued thought partner to the CFA Chair, Residing Bishop, Cabinet and Strategic Leadership Team and supports them in understanding how decisions impact the financial performance and sustainability of the conference.
• Collaborates with the leadership team to ensure the conference will achieve short and long-term goals.
• Prepares and develops the Conference budget in consultation with the CFA and Cabinet.
• Converts financial information into actionable plans and communicate results throughout the organization. Identifies and drives opportunities related to growth, operating efficiencies, revenue maximization and cost mitigation.
• Develops and communicates timely, accurate and insightful financial management reports for internal and external stakeholders.
• Performs all treasury responsibilities in accordance with the appropriate sections of the most currently approved version of The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church. Receives and disburses, in accordance with the actions of the Conference and the provisions of the Book of Discipline, remittances from local church treasurers for all duly authorized general, jurisdictional, annual conference, and district causes.
• Establishes and maintains an adequate system of internal controls and compliance to ensure the accurate reporting of transactions as well as the safeguarding and investment of assets.
• Manages and ensures clean annual financial audits.
• Manages and maintains comprehensive property and casualty insurance coverage insurance; advise on risk management and crisis planning.
• Oversees administrative areas of the Conference office, ensuring compliance with the Book of Discipline, Conference office polices, applicable employment laws, regulations and industry standards.
• Incorporates a strong customer service orientation into all aspects of the finance and administrative team’s work.
• Participation as an ex-officio member on committees.
• Participation in general and jurisdictional associations.
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Finance or Accounting required, or comparable proven skills in a finance position. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
• Seven to ten years’ experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position is required with experience in a non-profit setting strongly preferred.
• Seven to ten years of supervisory experience in accounting or business management is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Understanding of fund accounting and non-profit organization’s financial planning concerns.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems as well as federal and state financial regulations.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Membership in a United Methodist Church is strongly preferred.
• Deep knowledge of, and commitment to, The United Methodist Church and how it functions at the local church, district, conference and general church levels.
• Understanding and willingness to adhere to the Conference Mindsets, including Future Focused, Wesleyan Rooted, Passionate About People, Strengthened by Diversity and Adaptive. Actively seeking a leader who embraces these mindsets, specifically valuing the perspective of others and a commitment to diversity.
• Willingness and ability to travel throughout the Conference, as well as nationally for connectional events and training.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: October 2, 2020
The Florida Conference is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms