Assistant Teachers, Discovery Corner Preschool in Lancaster, PA
Discovery Corner Preschool is looking for several new assistant teachers for the 2019-2020 school year. We are a small, private, Christian preschool that serves students ages 2-5 and teaches a blend of state standard academics and faith-based values. We are looking for loving, experienced, child-care workers who have a passion for teaching and working well with others.
- Must hold High School diploma or equivalency.
- Must have two years’ experience in childcare.
- Must profess strong Christian faith and testimonial.
- Must uphold the program as an outreach ministry of the church.
- Must be physically and mentally competent to perform all required tasks.
- Must obtain satisfactory criminal background and child abuse clearance from the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must provide personal job resume with three references.
- Must be highly compatible with all the staff and adapt positively according to conditions.
- Under the direction of the lead teacher, perform the following specific tasks:
- Number of work hours is variable depending upon the number and types of classes being assigned.
- Undertake all assigned duties by the teacher(s).
- Attend to the personal needs and hygiene of the children in the classroom.
- Play major participating role in arts and crafts activities.
- Maintain a loving, learning, nurturing, and creative environment that is safe and Christ-centered.
- Coordinate playtime and recreational activities within the facility.
- Coordinate with the lead teacher, be present 15 minutes before and after classes to greet and speak with parents.
- Approach all tasks with enthusiasm, sensitivity, and care.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, multiple after-school hours parent events, and staff development opportunities.
Assistant Preschool Teacher- Private Christian Preschool
Discovery Corner Preschool- Lancaster, PA
$10.00 per hour
Part-time (22.5 hours/ week, Monday- Friday)
Hires Needed: 3 hires
Expected Hiring Date: July 2019
Start Date: September 4th, 2019
Apply method: Email Director Libby Barringer: (firstname.lastname@example.org)