Director of Children’s Ministry, part-time, Wayne UMC
WAYNE CHURCH – A UNITED METHODIST COMMUNITY
Address: 210 S Wayne Ave, Wayne, PA 19087
Phone: (610) 688-5650
Position Title: Director of Children’s Ministry (Part-Time)
Responsible for the development and coordination of an integral system that nurtures preschool children through fifth grade and their families in the Christian faith.
- Develops children’s programs under the guidance of the Senior Pastor.
- Creates and maintains Sunday School programming utilizing a comprehensive web-based curriculum, working relationally with teacher volunteers to build and maintain the Sunday School.
- Coordinates programming for Children’s Church during worship and ensures coverage for each service.
- Develops family ministries including Vacation Bible School, Christmas programs, and other family activities.
- Builds relationships with parents and children and provides support and care in conjunction with the Pastor and other church programs and systems.
- Manages classroom set-up and the procurement of classroom/activity supplies
- Works with mission team to facilitate annual children’s lead mission project
- Recruits, trains, manages, and maintains volunteer teams.
- Other duties as needed and as assigned.
Desired Staff Characteristics
- Passion for Children
- Strong sense of faith, experience in Christian ministry
- A loving and understanding of people, marked by a high level of patience and tolerance with others.
- An ability to work in a team-based environment.
- A commitment to go above and beyond to achieve specific goals during key seasons throughout the year.
- Accountable and flexible
Experience/Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience working with children
- Background in Early Childhood Education
- College degree preferred
- Cleared through a National Criminal & Sex Offender background check
- Adherence to Safe Sanctuary Guidelines
- Able to multi-task and maintain organization.
- Technologically savvy, proficient in Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Reports to the Senior Pastor.
This is a part-time position requiring 20-25 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Commitment to availability on Sunday’s from 8-1, and to participation in a weekly team meeting with the Pastor.