Part-time Executive Director/Fundraising Director, Historic St. George’s UMC (Philadelphia)
Historic St. George’s United Methodist Church, the oldest continuing Methodist congregation in America, is seeking to hire a part-time Executive Director / Fundraising Director for its affiliated non-profit organization, the Historic St. George’s Preservation Society (“Preservation Society”). The Preservation Society is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization devoted to raising funds to preserve and renovate the church’s historic structures, to maintain historic artifacts and documents, and to interpret the history of Historic St. George’s UMC through archival activities, live programs, and museum exhibits. The position requires 15-hours per week on Thursdays and Fridays, and occasional Saturdays (for Board meetings). Salary commensurate with experience.
Job responsibilities include:
- Directing the affairs of the Preservation Society, including arranging meetings, drafting minutes, handling donations, interacting with Board members and church staff, and preparing required documents (e.g., annual Form 990s).
- Directing the fundraising activities of the Historic St. George’s Preservation Society, including grant writing, capital campaigns, individual solicitations, and social media and direct marketing.
- Overseeing the integrated treasury functions of the Historic St. George’s UMC and the Preservation Society, including handling cash and electronic donations, maintaining check ledgers, managing budgets and forecasting, and making bank deposits.
- College degree or equivalent.
- At least 5-years of experience supporting non-profit organizations, capital fundraising and/or grant writing, or managing church treasury functions.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, MS Office suite, WordPress, and/or design software (InDesign) considered a plus.
- Membership in the United Methodist Church is considered a plus, but not required.
For more information or to apply, contact Mona Gardiner at email@example.com or (215) 925-7788.