Director of Youth Ministry, Lansdale First UMC
SCHEDULE: Part Time.
Lansdale UMC is a Christ-centered, Spirit-filled, Bible-based, congregation doing God’s work. We are currently seeking a Director of Youth Ministry. This position is responsible for coordinating, developing and implementing the youth ministry programs for grades 7-12.
- Leading regular youth meetings with programs that are faith centered and demonstrate a clear link to our faith journey as followers of Christ.
- Maintaining strong visibility to the youth and their parents through attendance at Sunday school and worship services.
- Being available to youth, parents, and other adults on a regular basis.
- Communicating to youth and their parents using: e-mail, church website, The Circuit Rider, and the church bulletin.
- Determining the activities of the youth program in cooperation with the Youth Ministry Team.
- Supporting the Youth Musical and the Mission Trip and other special youth events supported by the church, and coordinated by others.
- Planning and implementing annual youth events such as: winter youth retreats, Eastern PA Conference youth events, or events such as Creation.
- Scheduling youth to participate in the weekly church service, as well as two presentations: youth musical and a presentation after the mission trip.
- Forming connections with other local church groups.
- Managing youth program budgeting and finances, in conjunction with the Finance Committee.
- Reaching out to non-member youth.
- Attending and reporting to Church Council.
- Working closely with other staff members of the church, especially those staffing J.C. Kids and the Young Adult Ministry.
- Completion of letters of recommendation and references.
Lansdale United Methodist Church at email@example.com.