Director of Music, Lehman Memorial UMC [Hatboro]
MINISTRY POSITION : Modern Service Music Coordinator
PURPOSE : To prepare and lead the Cross Connection modern worship band and vocalists in worship music at rehearsals and services on Sundays and at special worship services, such as Christmas and Easter.
- A vital and fruitful faith and relationship with God.
- Ability to coordinate and conduct band and vocals during rehearsals and services.
- Strong musical and vocal abilities. Keyboard skills and ability to read music preferred.
- Superior leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. Capable of building a strong team.
- Dependable, responsible, creative, and accountable.
- Team player able to collaborate well with pastors, staff, and other team members.
- Knowledge of contemporary Christian music. Ability to lead music of this style.
- Experience with live production. Basic knowledge of ProPresenter software preferred.
- Must successfully pass required background checks.
- Work with the Worship Planning Team, Technical Director, and Pastors to help develop and implement meaningful modern worship services.
- Plan for and conduct weekly rehearsals for modern worship band and vocals.
- Rehearse band and vocals Sunday mornings before services.
- Conduct band and assist vocalists during modern worship services.
- Communicate goals, objectives, schedules, and general information to modern worship team.
- Foster an environment that leads to recruiting and training new musicians and vocalists.
- Arrange for a substitute when on vacation, with Pastor approval.
- As a member of the staff, promote the vision and mission of the church.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate.
REPORT TO : Director of Music
SCHEDULE HOURS : 6-8 hours per week including Sunday group rehearsals and planning time, as well as services.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $1,000.00 /month