Church Office Manager, part-time, Jenkintown UMC
Celebrating 150 year of serving God in Jenkintown. “It is our mission to support and maintain the global proclamation of the Good News of Jesus Christ to the LEAST, the LAST and the LOST.”
Provide high-level administrative support by preparing communications, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions. Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office products and Publisher or other desktop publishing program. Must maintain confidence concerning all events and conversations which may transpire in the course of church business.
Hours: 9 hours per week. Must be available to work Thursday day hours. Remaining days and hours negotiable. On occasion, alternate times and days may be requested with advance notice.
Compensation: $12 per hour
Detailed Work Activities Summary:
- Prepare Worship Service Bulletins
- Post information and update the “JUMC Happenings” bulletin boards
- Maintain church member mailing list, birthday list, prepare/maintain a
church directory annually, maintain monthly electronic and hard copy calendars.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including mail, faxes and
email, update and maintain mailbox bins.
- Liason calls/messages directed to JUM church for the Loaves & Fishes Food
Cupboard as needed.
- Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate individuals
- Answer member or public telephone inquiries, take messages or appropriately
- Maintain a phone log of incoming calls and messages.
- Maintain Church office files (paper and electronic).
- Assure voice mail is checked daily on scheduled work days.
- Order janitorial supplies in cooperation with the Church Custodian
- Monitor and maintain office equipment and supplies.
- Recommend solutions of administrative problems.
- Assist with management and maintenance of pastor’s schedules.
Resumes may be submitted to: JUMC SPPRC Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org