Worship Leader, Columbia UMC
Coordinates the Praise Service music in a manner that assists the congregation in worshiping and serving God.
- Directs the Praise Band at weekly Praise Service as specified and at special services (i.e. Christmas, Easter, and Unity Sundays).
- Selects music for the Praise Service that is appropriate to the worship themes, helps plan the Praise Service with the Pastor.
- Responsible for announcements, and all song lyric content of Power Point for the Praise Service.
- Promotes growth and stability of the Praise Band. Maintains communication with Praise Band members.
- Develops musical skills of the Band through rehearsals, coaching, workshops, etc.
- Purchases music and related supplies within budget allocations. Administers and cares for the music library, instruments, audio and visual equipment, and other materials related to the Praise Band.
- Shows commitment to the church’s goals and objectives.
- Participates as a member of the Worship Team.
- Must have all Safe Sanctuary Volunteer Clearances completed.
- Performs other related tasks as may be requested from time to time.
- Ability to coordinate instrumentalists and vocalists to the benefit of the worship service.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to efficiently coordinate with other church staff members.
- Ability to lead Praise Band members in practice and performance and lead the 9:00 am Praise Service.
- Enjoys working as a team with the Pastor and other Leaders.
- Proficient vocally, needs to play either guitar or keyboard.
- Computer and e-mail skills including a Power Point program
- Punctuality and organizational skills.
- Administratively responsible to the Pastor.
- Annual Performance Review with the Pastor.
- Hours per week: Average 10. This is a salaried year-round position.
- Paid Time Off is up to one Sundays per year with prior approval.
- In case of illness or emergency during scheduled worship or programs, notify the pastor as soon as possible
If interested please submit resume, statement of faith and three references to:
Rev. Tom Grubbs, Lead Pastor
510 Walnut Street
Columbia, PA 17512
or email Rev. Tom Grubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org.