A weekly, pictorial online newsletter reporting the latest in conference news and announcements, including new clergy appointments, key events, resources, ministries and personnel. Most stories are brief, but introductions to longer stories link to our website or other media sources for more information. A great publication to forward to others. Better yet, encourage them to subscribe. It’s free. Subscribe here.
2020 NEWSpirit Digests
2020 NEWSpirit Alerts
- July 30—Youth Rally Moves online; Updates to Annual Conference, more
- July 1—Attend online UMC town hall on race, today at 1 PM
- June 24—Dismantling Racism: A Service of Lament, today, June 24, 1 pm
- June 19—Disaster response team to spend Saturday helping Gilberton residents recover from flooding
- June 16—Conference disaster response volunteers sought for flooded town
- June 2–Conference suspends summer camps for 2020
- June 2—Nearly 300 attend policing and race relations dialogue
- May 14—Statements about racial violence by CORR and the Council of Bishops
- May 13—Cabinet, chancellor explain church reopening guidelines
- May 12—Menu of webinars, resources to help churches plan reopenings.
- May 1—A Message from Bishop Peggy Johnson about Reopening Churches
- April 30–Two online events today explore ministry in the midst of COVID-19
- April 29–Pandemic Re-opening Best Practices for Churches
- April 28—Denman Award Deadline, Other News
- April 23—Upcoming Events, etc.
- April 2—Annual Conference & COVID-19 Stimulus Act
- March 31—A Letter of Support to Churches from Eastern PA Conference Leadership
- March 24—Conference office now closed until further notice
- March 24—General Conference Delegation Listening Sessions
- March 24—Help for churches wanting to take worship, giving online
- March 21—COVID-19 report update, correction re: churches
- March 20—Conference office closed until at least March 27
- March 17—Taking church to the world: Live-streaming, ZOOM and online giving
- February 26—Ash Wednesday Pastoral Letter to the People of the United Methodist Church
- February 22—Bishop’s Lenten Day Apart for Clergy, Feb. 24
- February 12—True Justice: Seeking Equal Justice for People and Communities of Color
- January 13—Bishop appeals for donations to help Puerto Rico recover from earthquakes
- January 1—United Methodist Traditionalists, Centrists, Progressives, & Bishops sign agreement aimed at separation
2019 NEWSpirit Digests
2019 NEWSpirit Alerts
- 11/27 NEWSpirit, our quarterly online newspaper, is now published on our conference website
- 11/11 “Emotional Intelligence & You!” Registration Deadline is 11/14
- 10/4 Innabah Fall Events
- 9/29 Register for Leadership Launch by October 1!
- 9/04 Hurricane Dorian Response, Upcoming Events
- 8/27 Upcoming Events, Cancellations and Registrations
- 7/24 A Statement and Call to Respond to Racism in Our Current Political Discourse
- 7/10 Churches asked to support migrant families in Sanctuary churches
- 7/10 Register for 2019 Laity Academy by Friday, July 19!
- 7/11 Financial Leadership Academy seeks nominees
- 6/24 Upcoming Events
- 6/17 Conference elects diverse delegates; OKs centrist resolution *Please note that errors in this version of the story were corrected in the June 20 News Digest.
- 4/12 Bishop’s Holy Week Essay, 2019 AC Registration, and Upcoming Events
- 3/15 UM leaders react to New Zealand Carnage
- 3/15 Latest GC2019 news stories
- 3/14 Events this Saturday
- 3/22 2019 GC Talking Points & Sample Pastoral Letter
- 3/01 2019 GC Wrap-Up Video
- 2/27 GC2019 OKs Traditional Plan that’s now in the judges’ hands
- 2/24 Bishop’s Prayer of Confession
- 2/24 GC2019 opens in prayer, but legislating to follow
- 2/01 Appointments, Souper Bowl, and more
- 1/04 Over 3,500 to attend this weekend’s Pen-Del Youth Rally
2018 NEWSpirit Digests
2018 NEWSpirit ALERTS!