Appointments & Retirements
2017 Appointments & Assignments
Bishop Peggy A. Johnson announces the following 2017 appointments and retirements, effective July 1, 2017 unless otherwise noted. Some individuals may continue serving at their current appointments in retired status.
- William Brawner, lay supply, to Haven-Peniel, 1/2 time, effective Dec. 18, 2016.
- Rev. Eric Carr, Part-time Local Pastor, to Midtown Parish, 1/4 time, effective Jan. 1, 2017.
- Rev. James McIntire, Full Elder, from Havertown: Hope to Royersford.
- Rev. Ricky Ayala (Licensed Local Pastor) from Conshohocken to New Hanover (3/4 time appointment, 1/4 time direct hire).
- Rev. Maridel Whitmore (Full Elder) from Phila.: St. George’s to Havertown: Hope.
- Rev. Sunil Balasundaram (Full Elder) from Lickdale: Trinity to Conshohocken.
- Rev. Mark Salvacion (Local Pastor) to Philadelphia: St. George’s UMC
- Mr. John Vidal (Lay Supply) to: Zionsville: Salem effective Nov. 20, 2016.
- Rev. Kimberly Leskowich (Part Time Local Pastor) from Nesquehoning: Meeds to Nesquehoning: Meeds & Audenried-Jeansville (NE District) effective Dec. 11, 2016.
- Rev. Dick Wilcock (Retired Elder) from: Bowmanstown: Faith Alive To: Full Retirement (NE District) effective Dec. 31, 2016.
- The Rev. Robert C. Timlin (Elder) from Manheim: Ruhl’s UMC toBowmanstown: Faith Alive UMC, effective May 1, 2017.
- The Rev. Nelson Alleman (Provisional Elder) from Lebanon: Bethany UMC to Wescosville: Bethany UMC as Associate Pastor.
- Rev. John T. Pfeil (Elder) from Pen Argyl: Grace UMC to retirement.
- Rev. J. Timothy Fisher (Elder) from Chapman Quarries/Bushkill Charge to Pen Argyl: Grace UMC.
- Rev. Adhurim Xhemajli (Part-time Local Pastor) to Schuylkill Haven: First as an Associate Pastor (25%) effective Jan. 1, 2017.
- Rev. Gary Lefever (Full Elder) from Ambler: Calvary UMC, East District, to Indiantown Gap: Immanuel UMC.
- Rev. Sean Dougherty (Part Time Local Pastor) from Schaefferstown: Zion (1/4 time) to Lebanon: Bethany (3/4 time)
- Rev. Sally W. Ott (retired supply pastor) to Newtown UMC (½ time), effective Jan. 1, 2017.
- Mrs. Fran Keller (lay supply) to Lancaster: Ross Street UMC (1/4 time).
- Rev. Mike Byrd (part-time local pastor) to Mt. Joy: Chiques (3/4 time).
- Rev. Chris Eden (full elder) from Willow Street: Boehm’s to Quarryville: Memorial full-time.
- Rev. Blaine Wenger (full elder) from Lampeter to Manheim: Ruhl’s, full-time.
- Rev. Dr. John Smith (full-time local pastor) from Pocono Lake to Lampeter, full-time.
- Rev. Joan H. Trout (elder in full) from Hibernia to Willow Street: Boehm’s, full-time.
- Rev. Vicki Pry (Part Time Local Pastor) from Hopewell UMC Pastor of Caring Ministries (3/4 time) to Hopewell UMC Pastor of Spiritual Formation (1/2 time) effective Jan. 1, 2017.
- Rev. Shauna Ridge (Provisional Elder) from Quarryville: Memorial UMC to Thorndale UMC.
- Rev. Timothy Beardsley (Part Time Local Pastor) from Peninsula Delaware Conference to Kemblesville UMC (3/4 time appointment and 1/4 time direct hire).
- Rev. Catherine Bowers (Full Elder) from Warminster: St. Andrews to Ambler: Calvary as an Intentional Interim Pastor.
- Rev. John Lutz (Full Elder) from Langhorne to Warminster: St. Andrews
- Rev. David R. Carey (Full Elder) from Phila.: Church of the Good Shepherd to Huntingdon Valley.
- Rev. Thomas A. Jackmon, Sr. (Retired Part-time Local Pastor) from Jenkintown UMC to retirement without an appointment, effective June 30, 2017.
- Rev. Olivet Brown (to be commissioned as Elder) to Philadelphia: Church of the Good Shepherd UMC
- Rev. Gregory G. Holston (Elder) from 3/4-time at Philadelphia: New Vision UMC (Central District) to 3/4- time at Philadelphia: Janes Memorial (East District).
Effective as of July 1, 2017 unless otherwise noted:
- Rev. David M. Lewis (FE) from New Hanover, Central District
- Rev. Zabdiel Y, Khan (FE) from Royersford, Central District
- Rev. Dr. Maxime R. Jaouen (FE) from Lansdale: First, Central District
- Rev. Mark Moore (FE) from Thorndale , Southeast District
- Rev. Beverly Andrews (FTLP) from Mt. Joy: Chiques, Southwest District
- Rev. Millard Fisher (FE) from Indiantown Gap: Emmanuel, Northwest District
- Rev. Evelyn A. Stupp (FE) from Springtown: Salem, Northeast District
- Rev. Christopher Wollyung (PTLP) from Mahanoy City: First, Northwest District
- Rev. Susan Wollyung (PTLP) from Ringtown: Aurand Memorial , Northwest District
- Rev. Eva Johnson (PTLP) from Evansburg, Central District
- Rev. Christie L. Orr (FE) from Medical Leave, Central District, effective November 1, 2017
- Rev. Dr. Frank H. Billman (FE) from Director of Equipping Ministries at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries, East District
- Rev. Sandra Knaub (FE) from Medical Leave Leave, Southwest District
- Rev. Robert L. Nissly (OD) from Kleinfeltersville: Trinity
- Rev. Susan C. Czarnecki (FE) from Appointment from another Conference, East District, effective January 1, 2017
- Rev. Ethel F. Guy (FE) from Linwood Heights, Southeast District, effective January 1, 2017
- Rev. Joy Bagwell (FE) from Allentown: Salem, Northeast District
- Rev. Dorris McCoy (PTLP) from Landingville: Welcome, Central District
- Rev. Vincent James Durbano (FE) from Huntingdon Valley, East District, effective March 1, 2017 (will serve ad-interim until July 1, 2017)
Past Appointments & Retirements: