West District Classifieds
**Added 2/5/18 – Columbia United Methodist Church, Columbia, PA
is seeking a Worship Leader.
Coordinates the Praise Service music in a manner that assists the congregation in worshiping and serving God.
- Directs the Praise Band at weekly Praise Service as specified and at special services (i.e. Christmas, Easter, and Unity Sundays).
- Selects music for the Praise Service that is appropriate to the worship themes, helps plan the Praise Service with the Pastor.
- Responsible for announcements, and all song lyric content of Power Point for the Praise Service.
- Promotes growth and stability of the Praise Band. Maintains communication with Praise Band members.
- Develops musical skills of the Band through rehearsals, coaching, workshops, etc.
- Purchases music and related supplies within budget allocations. Administers and cares for the music library, instruments, audio and visual equipment, and other materials related to the Praise Band.
- Shows commitment to the church’s goals and objectives.
- Participates as a member of the Worship Team.
- Must have all Safe Sanctuary Volunteer Clearances completed.
- Performs other related tasks as may be requested from time to time.
- Ability to coordinate instrumentalists and vocalists to the benefit of the worship service.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to efficiently coordinate with other church staff members.
- Ability to lead Praise Band members in practice and performance and lead the 9:00 am Praise Service.
- Enjoys working as a team with the Pastor and other Leaders.
- Proficient vocally, needs to play either guitar or keyboard.
- Computer and e-mail skills including a Power Point program
- Punctuality and organizational skills.
- Administratively responsible to the Pastor.
- Annual Performance Review with the Pastor.
- Hours per week: Average 10. This is a salaried year-round position.
- Paid Time Off is up to one Sundays per year with prior approval.
- In case of illness or emergency during scheduled worship or programs, notify the pastor as soon as possible
If interested please submit resume, statement of faith and three references to: Rev. Tom Grubbs, Lead Pastor, CUMC, 510 Walnut Street, Columbia, PA 17512
**Added 1/31/18 – Washington Boro United Methodist Church
is seeking choir handbells at a reasonable price. Contact Pastor Carlene Wolf at email@example.com
**Added 1/24/18 – Hempfield United Methodist Church
is seeking to hire a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. For more information and a full job description, click here
. Salary commensurate with experience and training, includes benefit package, vacation, paid time off, and continuing education reimbursement. Resumes and salary requirements may be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Added 1/10/18 – Lititz United Methodist Church, 201 Market St, Lititz, PA, is seeking a Secretary (part time, hourly). The Secretary will direct and supervise the overall daily functions of the church administrative needs. This includes coordinating office helpers, answering the phones, handling the mail, greeting visitors, overseeing the production of the weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter, etc. He/she will act in accordance with LUMC’s core values and mission statement. Please contact 717-626-2710 for questions and how to apply.
**Postings will remain “active” for one month.