5 Freebies to Grow Ministry
How often do we get something good that is free? Free as in costs nothing, no strings attached and “on the house?” We’re not talking smoothie samples, mattress trials or refrigerator magnets — we’re talking about 5 freebies that will help you do your ministry with planning and purpose. Get the following FREE and useful “helps” from United Methodist Communications!
- Professional Photos: Professional photographers from United Methodist News Service have traveled the world to bring you compelling, moving, and inspiring photos that you can use to enhance your ministry’s newsletter, website, slideshow, or other presentation. Just follow these instructions to download:
- Go to our United Methodist News Service Flickr profile to peruse our albums.
- Click on a photograph you like to enlarge and view more options.
- Find the “© All rights reserved” statement. Note that this restriction does not apply if the photographs are being used for United Methodist ministry. The only restriction is that you do not use these images for commercial use and you credit the photographer (bylines are in the description).
- Click on the “more actions” icon. It looks like an ellipsis or three periods.
- Click on the “Download / All sizes” link
- Pick the size you like, click the “Download” button and voila!
- Here are some great examples taken by Mike DuBose from an album titled “Typhoon Haiyan.”
- Demographic Report: You can better fill the needs of your community if you know who is living in close proximity to your church building. To get a free demographic report of your area, send your contact information, church name, and street address to Chuck Niedringhaus, Director of Product Marketing and Research at United Methodist Communications.
- Rethink Church Resources: Invite your neighbors to church with a variety of free customizable Rethink Church postcards, banners and door hangers. Just go to shop.umc.org and do a quick search with the words Rethink Church and free. You can sort from lowest to highest priced items to see the free stuff first!
- Bulletin Covers: We also have free bulletin coversthat are just waiting for you to download. Just search for those at shop.umc.org.
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment: Last, but certainly not least, identify your God-given gifts for living faithfully. Go to umc.org and search for the spiritual gifts assessment. It’s a great way to find out how you can fulfill your purpose and better serve your ministry at your church and in your day-to-day life.
By Natalie Bannon