PATH1 Launch Pad training event on AUGUST 21-23, 2015 at
NEW BIRTH UMC (NUEVO NACIMIENTO), 1025 LEHMAN ST., LEBANON, PA 17046, 717.273.5331
LAUNCHPAD is a three-day training event for leaders and teams planting new faith communities. This summer celebrates our fifth year of Launchpad. The training is based on what we are learning from partnership with hundreds of church planting leaders across the USA. The training is offered fully in both English and Spanish.
This training will be lead by Paul Nixon who has coached around 100 new church projects in theses past few years. He will be joined by Sam Rodriguez, who is one of the foremost United Methodist experts on church planting within the Hispanic communities and has worked with diverse planting projects all over the USA .
Event begins on August 21 at 1:00 PM
- Includes all materials, lunch on Friday & Saturday
- Rate: $ 100 for the Planter
- Each additional team member is $50.
- Spouses of the Planter are free.
Deadline for registration is August 1. In some cases, late registration may be possible, but the registration fee may increase.
Lebanon, Pennsylvania is about 30 miles east of Harrisburg at exit 85 off of Interstate 76. Harrisburg is nearest major airport. The host church is located in the heart of the downtown area.
Many of the major chain hotels are near. Here are a few:
- Holiday Inn Express, 2205 East Cumberland St, Lebanon. 1-800-315-2605 (or book online) 3 miles.
- Days Inn Lebanon Valley, 625 Quentin Rd, Lebanon. 1-717-273-6771 (or book online) 1 mile.
- Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley- Fort Indiantown Gap. 16 Marsanna Lane, Jonestown PA. 717-865-8080. 10 miles
- Best Western Lebanon Valley Inn and Suites. 4 Fisher Ave, Jonestown PA. 717-865-4234. 10 miles
SOME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE EVENT
HERE’S HOW LAUNCHPAD WORKS:
- A three-day training experience will guide planters and their teams as they sketch out ministry plans for the next nine months. Subjects covered will include theology and call, affinity groups, vision-casting, best practices, community networking, bonding with the mission field, fund-raising, and leading effective meetings one-on-one or with a group.
- How does LAUNCHPAD differ from Planter Bootcamp?
- The basics are very similar.
- The pacing is somewhat less rigorous to allow more focus on a few critical areas.
- We give significant attention to emerging models of new church that are less “attractional” and more “missional,” specifically based on what has been working in the last few years in the NONE zones of the USA.
- The registration fee enables the planter and her/his emerging launch team to share in two additional days in the winter of 2015, with web-based plenary sessions for them.
- The planter leader may bring a spouse to the 2014 event for no additional registration fee
- An optional yearlong group coaching process is offered to all participants who have not yet contracted with a planting coach, at a fraction of the typical cost for competent coaching. The planter peer groups will meet together virtually with an experienced church planting guide on a monthly basis, September 2015, through June 2016. This is not the equivalent of a church planter coach assigned to the plant, but offers a valuable format for learning and leadership development.
- Church plant leaders will gather up to a dozen persons from their emerging launch teams to share in a web-based seminar and local team retreat on January 29-30, 2016, linked with other planting teams from across the country. Planters and their team members will work on visioning and planning together, with leadership from the national Path 1 staff. They will gather in their local communities during this mid-year distance-learning retreat – something not typically offered in church planter training programs.
This mid-year training will build on the earlier training and will include small group development, “taste-and-see” community events, and planning for public worship launch.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: