October 23, 2020 – October 25, 2020
Begins at 5:30 p.m. with dinner. Ends by 3:00 pm on Sunday
The Desmond Hotel Malvern
1 Liberty Blvd
Malvern, PA 19355
Registration fee – $300.00
This is not a commuter event.
Casual dress code.
Registration cost includes a single room and meals. Full Payment is Due at Time of Registration
Note: No refunds will be issued for participant cancellations less than 30 days prior to the start date of the event.
The Registration Deadline is October 9, 2020.
This is a 3 day workshop and participation all 3 days is
expected. Participants will learn concrete strategies for:
- Developing skills for addressing and changing attitudes and behaviors that perpetuate bias, discrimination, and other obstacles to equity
- Understanding the personal costs to everyone of system of privilege and disadvantage
- Recognizing institutional racism and other forms of systemic oppression and discrimination that affect members of historically excluded groups
- Changing dysfunctional intraracial and interracial behavior that undermine effective partnerships
- Learning to acknowledge and interrupt the subtle (and often unintentional) dynamics that play out between “modern” forms of oppression and “internalized oppression”.
This workshop will be led by a cross-racial, cross gender team of two facilitators from Visions, Inc. For more information on Visions, Inc. visit their website: visions-inc.org
2 Continuing Education Units are awarded upon completion of the training and this satisfies the requirement for Healing the Wounds of Racism.