This event will be conducted online via Zoom video-conferencing.
- Friday: 2:00 – 4:30 pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 12:30 pm, and 2:00 – 4:30 pm
- Sunday: 2:00 – 4:30 pm
DISMANTLING RACISM WORKSHOPS GENERAL INFORMATION:
This is a 3 day workshop and participation all 3 days is
expected. Participants will learn concrete strategies for:
- Developing skills for addressing and changing attitudes and behaviors that perpetuate bias, discrimination, and other obstacles to equity
- Understanding the personal costs to everyone of system of privilege and disadvantage
- Recognizing institutional racism and other forms of systemic oppression and discrimination that affect members of historically excluded groups
- Changing dysfunctional intraracial and interracial behavior that undermine effective partnerships
- Learning to acknowledge and interrupt the subtle (and often unintentional) dynamics that play out between “modern” forms of oppression and “internalized oppression”.
This workshop will be led by a cross-racial, cross gender team of two facilitators from Visions, Inc. For more information on Visions, Inc. visit their website: visions-inc.org
2 Continuing Education Units are awarded upon completion of the training and this satisfies the requirement for Healing the Wounds of Racism.