- This event has passed.
Courageous Dialogues emerged out of the Annual Conference 2022 session. The dialogues are designed to create sacred space where clergy and laity can share their stories with one another. Dialogues will be offered for districts, but if you cannot attend on your district date, you are welcome to attend a different session. Weekend dates will be provided in the Spring, after fall charge conference season.
Our Core Values for the Courageous Dialogues:
- Centered in Jesus’ calling to love others and see in every face the face of Christ
- Courageous/safe conversations
- Authenticity & Respect
- Attentive Listeners – not trying to “fix” people
- Framework: Maturing and growing in God’s love together (sanctification); guided by the Wesleyan Quadrilateral (scripture; tradition; reason & experience)
- Hear each other’s heart/share the journey
- Stop the “flight or fight” response and provide space for connection
- We hope to provide a model for the local church & individuals
- Open-mindedness & outward mindset (seeing the other as fully human)
- Appreciation for diversity in complex perspectives
All events will be from 9 AM – 1 PM, with lunch included.
- Innabah (South & East Combined): October 24
- Pocono Plateau (North): Nov 14
- Gretna Glen (West): January 30, 2023
Registration Cost Information:
- $20.00 to cover meal costs
- Full scholarships available
- Young adults (under 30) free
If you would like to stay at the camp from Sunday night through Monday morning, please contact the camp directly and arrangements will be made for Sunday night lodging.