Cabinet to lead Conference-wide prayer meetings
The Eastern PA Conference’s half-hour prayer meetings, held on Tuesdays at noon by video-chat on Zoom, will welcome a special cadre of prayer leaders in August and September. The conference Cabinet was invited to take the lead by the Rev. David Piltz, creator, coordinator and host of the ministry, and they accepted.
Piltz, who also leads Young People’s Ministries for the conference, as well as being a campus minister at Drexel University and the new pastor of Valley Forge UMC, started the weekly prayer sessions in April, as the current Coronavirus pandemic was growing. Bishop Peggy Johnson is a frequent attendee, as well as other conference leaders and local church laity and pastors.
Now she and her appointive Cabinet, and new Connectional Ministries Director the Rev. Dawn Taylor-Storm, will become guest-hosts over the next two months. Piltz hopes their spiritual leadership in this forum will draw more participants from their individual districts and beyond, and also add new, diverse voices and styles of prayer to the overall experience. It may even lead to inviting more guest hosts in the future.
Schedule of upcoming prayer leaders:
- Nov 3, Dawn Taylor-Storm, Director of Connectional Ministries
- Nov 10, John Coleman, Director of Communications
- Nov 17, Jose Tirado Jr., Former President of Conference on Youth Ministries
- Nov 24, Luky Cotto, Latino Ministries Coordinator
- Dec 1, William Brawner, Urban Ministries Coordinator
- Dec 8, Judy Ehninger, Certified Lay Minister Coordinator
- Dec 15, Sue Kiefner
Here is the Zoom access information:
Meeting ID: 591 129 374
Or Call in: +1 646 558 8656