Interested in becoming a Certified Lay Minister?
Register now for an Orientation/Admission Session for the Certified Lay Ministry Class of 2020, which begins in April 2020. All prospective candidates must attend one of the Orientation/Admission sessions, which are held from September to December at locations in the four districts of the Eastern PA Conference. To register see the Orientation/Admission sessions schedule, and contact Judy Ehninger, CLM Program Coordinator at, 610-442-3140 or by e-mail at email@example.com . Learn more about Certified Lay Ministers on the Christ Servant Ministries website.
- Download list of Program dates and information: https://www.epaumc.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/CLM-orientation-2020.pdf
Certified Lay Minister Program
Class of 2020, Certification 2021
Orientation Sessions for Admission April 1, 2020 session dates, times, and locations in 2019
Contact Judy to register your attendance preference, attendance at one orientation session is required for program admission.
- Tuesday, August 27, 6:30 – 8:30 pm Asbury UMC, Allentown ND
- Monday, September 9, 6:30 PM-8:30 PM SD West Lawn UMC, Reading SD
- Saturday, October 12, 10 am -12 pm Asbury UMC, Allentown ND
- Wednesday, To be announced 6:30 – 8:30 pm Ross Street UMC, Lancaster WD
- Thursday, To be announced 6:30-8:30 PM First UMC, Schuykill Haven ND
- Thursday, October 24, 6:30- 8:30 pm Valley Forge Conference Office
- Monday, October 28, 6:30 – 8:30 pm West Lawn UMC, Reading SD
- Monday, November 4, 6:30- 8:30 pm Asbury UMC, Allentown ND
- Saturday, November 23, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm Christ UMC, Fairless Hills ED
- Saturday, December 7, 10 am-12 pm Valley Forge Conference Office LAST
Contact Judy to register your preference for attendance.
Sessions are two hours in length. Attendance at one session is the first step in the admission process, therefore a requirement. Registration for one session is required.
All admissions materials and requirements will be reviewed at the session. Admission materials (application) will not be distributed, except at the orientation sessions. Contact Judy Ehninger, CLM Program Coordinator, with questions and further information and to register for an Orientation Session:
- Cell: 610-442-3140
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Program Module classes will be held at the Valley Forge Conference Center unless otherwise noted. Module classes must be taken in the sequence offered.
Tentative module schedule for 2020:
- Module 1 – May 2 , 2020 – TBA, 8-4
- Module 2 – June 5-6 – Friday evening and all day Saturday
- Module 4 – TBA – Historic St. George’s (September 19? 2020)
- Module 3 – TBA (November 14 ??, 2020)