- Full payment is due at time of registration
- 2 Continuing Education Units are awarded upon completion of the training
- This satisfies the requirement for Healing the Wounds of Racism.
- This event is only for members of EPA.
- This is not a commuter event.
- Registration is $300; cost includes a single hotel room and meals.
- Event limit is 20 participants.
This is a 3 day workshop and participation all 3 days is expected. Training begins on Friday evening at 5:30 pm with dinner. Ends by 3:00 pm on Sunday.
Participants will learn concrete strategies for:
- Developing skills for addressing and changing attitudes and behaviors that perpetuate bias, discrimination, and other obstacles to equity
- Understanding the personal costs to everyone of system of privilege and disadvantage
- Recognizing institutional racism and other forms of systemic oppression and discrimination that affect members of historically excluded groups
- Changing dysfunctional intra-racial and interracial behavior that undermine effective partnerships
- Learning to acknowledge and interrupt the subtle (and often unintentional) dynamics that play out between “modern” forms of oppression and “internalized oppression”.
This workshop will be led by a cross-racial, cross gender team of two facilitators, Sarah Stearns and Gene Washington, from Visions, Inc. For more information on Visions, Inc. visit their website: www.visions-inc.org.
Note: No refunds will be issued for participant who cancel less than 30 days prior to the start date of the event.