- This event has passed.
JOIN US: July 22-30, 2021!
There’s Far More Here
THAN MEETS THE EYE
So, we’re not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is makingnew life, not a day goes by without [God’s] unfolding grace. […] There’s far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can’t see now will last forever. – 2 Corinthians 4:16-18, The Message (MSG)
Eastern Pennsylvania Conference United Methodist Women Present 2021 Virtual Mission u
Do you feel like things are falling apart? The past year has been a great unraveling, when it seemed like our world literally shifted. But in spite of the pandemic and the chaos, God’s grace is still unfolding! As we read in 2 Corinthians 4:16-18, there’s more here than meets the eye. When it looks like things are falling apart on the outside, on the inside God is making new life!
Let’s pull together again! Join us at Mission u, an annual United Methodist Women education program that offers study on biblically grounded curricula for women, men and youth. The studies are intended to motivate, inform and enrich our commitment to be in ministry for a more just and equitable world, locally and globally. Our study at 2021 Mission u, like many activities in our lives, has also moved online. We will create a virtual space for community, friendships, lessons that change us and our communities, and spiritual practices that arrive just when we need them most.
You are encouraged to read the study books in advance and come ready to discuss and learn from your study leaders and other attendees. Find the books online at missionresources.org, Amazon, or at your local library.
2021 Mission u Schedule of Events
Orientation and Worship – ALL ARE WELCOME (Pre-registration required)
- Tuesday, July 20, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. (Attend one): Zoom and Dial-in Practice
- Thursday, July 22, 7-8:30 p.m.: Mission u Worship for All
Weekend Adult and Teen Book Study Workshops (Offered Friday, July 23 – Sunday, July 25)
- Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools by Monique Morris o Friday, July 23, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 24,10-11:30 a.m. and 1-2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, July 25, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Youth Event: Becoming Peacemakers in a Culture of Violence by Jay Godfrey o Friday, July 23, 7-9 p.m.
- Saturday, July 24, 9-11 a.m., 1-3 p.m., and 6-8 p.m.
Weekday Adult Study Book Workshops (Offered Monday, July 26 – Friday, July 30)
- Bearing Witness in the Kin-dom: Living Into the Church’s Moral Witness through Radical Discipleship by Darryl W. Stephens
- Monday, July 26 thru Thursday, July 29, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools by Monique Morris Monday, July 26 thru Thursday, July 29, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Finding Peace in an Anxious World, edited by Erin James-Brown
- Tuesday, July 27 thru Friday, July 30, 7-8:30 p.m.
Cost: $25/person – Register online at https://na.eventscloud.com/2021-missionu
Deadline June 15, 2021
For More Information: Dean of Mission u Linda Youngstrom, 267-789-6386, firstname.lastname@example.org