- Date: Aug. 4-6 (Fri.-Sun.)
- Location: Cedarville UMC Pottstown 1092 Laurelwood Road, Pottstown, PA 19465
- Theme: Embrace the Journey: Step Up, Step Out”
Registration is open for the 2017 Academy for Laity. We have a new date – new location – and new courses. This is the perfect opportunity for you to start or refresh your Chris Servant Ministry journey.
Course Descriptions: 2017 Laity Academy Course Description Handout [PDF]
- Register Online: www.etouches.com/2017laity
- Register By Mail:
Registration deadline is July 15, 2017!
Isaiah 40:31 “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
The ACADEMY for LAITY of the Eastern Pennsylvania Annual Conference invites you to attend our 34th Session. Whether you are just beginning your journey to learn more about our amazing God and His Son Jesus or you are a seasoned Bible scholar, a Christ Servant Minister, a Certified Lay Minister or a clergy member, this is the year for you to step up and step out to enhance your knowledge. Join with hundreds of fellow Christians who thirst for information as well as fellowship.
Each course was designed to be a unique learning experience with information that you can immediately take and start applying in your ministry. The classes may be taken individually or combined as part of your Christ Servant Ministry curriculum. Our instructors are a mixture of clergy and laity who are experts in their specific subjects. All have experience that can be leveraged to help you and your church in mission.
The Academy offers ten subjects from the Basic Course for those who are starting out to advanced classes in three disciplines: areas of leading church groups or ministries, issues of caring for others in your church or community, or in speaking to diverse groups or preaching to a congregation.
- Aubrey Bates, Academy Dean: email@example.com
- Rick Wrisley, Associate Dean: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anne Taylor, Registrar: email@example.com
- 5:00 – 7:00 pm Check-in/Light Refreshments
- 7:00 – 9:00 pm Class Instruction (2 hours)
- 7:00 – 8:00 am BREAKFAST
- 8:00 – 8:15 am Opening Prayer and Greeting
- 8:15 – 8:45 am Devotions / Bible Study
- 9:00 – Noon Class Instruction (3 hours)
- Noon – 1:30 pm LUNCH
- 1:30 – 5:00 pm Class Instruction (3.5 hours)
- 5:00 – 8:30 pm DINNER, Program, Entertainment
- 7:00 – 8:30 am CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
- 9:00 – 10:30 am Class Instruction (1.5 hours)
- 11:00 am Worship Service