2016 MIDWINTER RETREAT FOR ALL CLERGY (ELDERS, DEACONS, LOCAL PASTORS) AND SPOUSES
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton, 2400 Willow Street Pike, Lancaster, PA.
Registration Deadline is December 15, 2015 due to hotel requirements.
Our guest speaker is retired Chaplain (Brigadier General) Charles R. “Ray” Bailey. He will share from his experiences and talk about ways to reach outside our walls to share the Good News! Chaplain Bailey is the son of a United Methodist minister in the Nebraska Conference and has grown up living and attending school over a large part of the United States. Chaplain Bailey graduated from Texas Wesleyan University in Ft. Worth, Texas in June 1975 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in business and religion. He then attended Texas Christian University, Brite Divinity School, graduating in June 1978 with a Masters of Divinity degree. Chaplain Bailey was commissioned a second lieutenant in the Chaplain Corps in 1977 as part of the US Army Reserve. During his time in the reserves he participated in multiple training and operational opportunities throughout the Army. Chaplain Bailey was ordained as an Elder in June 1981 by the United Methodist Church and served churches in Ft. Worth, Corsicana, and Mineral Wells, Texas before entering active duty in June 1982 as a United States Army chaplain. Chaplain Bailey became the 24th Deputy Chief of Chaplains, United States Army, on July 28, 2011.
If you need assistance, please contact Amy Botti at email@example.com.
- $270 – Single
- $240 – Double (must list spouse or roommate)
- $150 – Commuter (20 openings)
- The rate paid for this registration includes 2 nights, 4 meals, honorariums, materials, and other event-related expenses.
- For retired clergy, a discount of $30 is available by entering RET when asked for the discount code. We can only accommodate one discount per couple. Please note: this is need-based.
- Please note that, due to inclusive rates at the hotel, there are only 20 openings for commuters.
- Download the 2016 Midwinter Retreat Manual Registration Form
TUESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2016
- 12 pm – 2 pm: Registration
- 2 pm: Opening Worship followed by Keynote Speaker:
- 6 pm: Dinner
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2016
- 7:30-8:30 am: Breakfast
- 9 am: Morning praise
- 9:30 am: Keynote Speaker
- 12 pm: Lunch followed by free afternoon
- (Dinner on your own)
- 7:15 pm: Karaoke Night
THURSDAY, JANUARY 14, 2016
- 7:30 am – 8:30 am: Breakfast
- (Please check out of your room before 10:00 am)
- 10 am: Closing Worship and Communion