- Company: Hope Preschool
- Job Title: Preschool Teacher Assistant
- Job location: 3474 Rothsville Road, Ephrata, PA 17522
- Pay and Benefits: $10.00 per hour, Benefits: Employee discount
- Job Type: Part-time, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Job description: Preschool Teacher Assistants
We are looking for qualified Preschool Teacher Assistants to join our team of dedicated childcare providers. We work to prepare small children for kindergarten by easing them into organized education. You will teach them important elements that they will need in and outside the classroom. A preschool teacher assistant must have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods, as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the child so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education.
- Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem.
- Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments.
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts etc.)
- Supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times.
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards.
- Proven experience as a Preschool Teacher Assistant.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods.
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to act as mediator between children.
- Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable.
- Balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen.
- Willingness to obtain all clearances (Criminal Check, Child Abuse Check and FBI).