Cornwall United Methodist Church, “The Stone Church with a Warm Heart”, located in Cornwall, Pennsylvania is currently searching for a Part-Time Organist. The successful candidate will have the ability to help foster a worship experience where worshippers will experience God’s presence and be drawn into a growing faith as Christian disciples. They should have a passion for reaching new people through music and worship and have a knowledge of how to use music to lead people to God.
The worship leader should:
- Possess a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ and can articulate what this means.
- Share the same vision and passion as the pastor and members of Cornwall United Methodist Church.
- Possess an outgoing, people-oriented personality. Excellent communication skills, leadership abilities, creativity, and ability to motivate volunteers.
- Possess strong musical talent and be in tune with choral music styles; however, a formal musical education is not required.
- Ability to make positive contributions as a member of the ministry team, build relationships, and strive to be respected by the congregation for modeling a godly example.
- Have a willingness to grow in knowledge and skills related to this position.
- Will assist in the selection of music and perform prelude and postlude. They will also accompany hymns and various other music throughout the service.
- Will provide accompaniment for and attend rehearsals for special music when needed, throughout the summer months when the Chancel Choir is not participating.
- Will play for additional services and/or accompany the Chancel Choir throughout the Church Year. This would include but is not limited to the following:
- Ash Wednesday Service
- One mid-week Lenten Service
- Maundy Thursday Service if requested
- Thanksgiving Eve Service at the Manor Chapel as Choir accompanist
- At least one Christmas Eve Service
- May play for weddings, when requested, and be compensated by the marriage couple at a fee set by the Church. Any couple desiring marriage and wishing their own organist must first seek permission from the Church.
- May play for funerals/memorial service at the request of the Pastor and be compensated by the family
- Will serve as a permanent member of the Worship Committee and serve as a member of the Music Committee when activated by the Worship Committee
- Will attend staff meetings as available/requested.
- Will attend rehearsals to accompany the Chancel Choir beginning Labor Day week and ending the last week of May, except for the week between Christmas and New Year.
- Will accompany the Chancel Choir during the Sunday morning service
- Will attend additional rehearsals in preparation for the Christmas Cantata.
Please send resume to:
Cornwall United Methodist Church
Staff Parish Relations Committee, Attn: Terri Emler
50 Freeman Drive
Lebanon, PA 17042
Or you can email – email@example.com