The Eastern PA Conference is seeking to hire an Accountant. The accountant is responsible for the accounting functions and financial reporting of the Annual Conference and its vital mission partners.
- Performs a multitude of accounting activities including but not limited to maintaining the general ledger, payroll, financial reporting, year-end audits, and providing budgeting support so that the excellent stewardship of the conference is exemplified.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager on financial reporting and special projects as needed, so that administrative expectations are met appropriately with excellence.
- Provides accounts receivables and accounts payable support for the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church, The Mid-Atlantic Foundation, The Board of Benefits, The EPA Loan Fund, Metro Ministries, and the Camping Board as needed so that financial operations of the Conference and its vital partners run smoothly and effectively.
- Interface and collaborate with team members across departments so proper financial resourcing is made available to our local churches and vendors.
- Serve as a participant for projects as assigned
- Assist in EPA meetings and events
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an ever-changing work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- One to three years of accounting experience in a corporate or non-profit organization
- Strong analytical skills
- Competent and skilled in Accounting Software
- Moderate to advance knowledge of Excel
- Proficient in accounting principles and guidelines
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is strongly preferred or a related finance degree
The position requires some evening and weekend responsibilities and some travel beyond the office.
The position works from the main office located in Valley Forge
Please submit your letter of interest and include your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.