Annual Conference Voting
THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE EDITION OF NEWSPIRIT contains the Clergy and Laity Nominee Bios and the 2011 Resolutions.
Nominees for Lay Delegate to General and Jurisdictional Conference
Nominees for Clergy Delegates to General and Jurisdictional Conference
WHO CAN VOTE FOR GENERAL AND JURISDICTIONAL CONFERENCE DELEGATES?
Per ¶35 of the 2008 Discipline and noted Judicial Council Decisions
- Full Connection – elders, deacons, associate members
- Provisional members who have completed all of their educational requirements. Persons who are to be received into provisional membership and commissioned at the 2011 session after they have been both received and commissioned as long as they have fulfilled the educational requirements
- Local Pastors who have completed course of study or an M.Div and/or local pastors who have served a minimum of two consecutive years under appointment preceding the election, during which time no withdrawal of the appointed status occurred (Judicial Council Decision #1181)
- Full elders or deacons on leave of absence may vote (¶354.7)
- Full elders or deacons on sabbatical, family, paternity/maternity or disability leave may vote (Judicial Council Decision #473)
- Clergy on honorable location are no longer members of the annual conference and cannot vote ( ¶359.2)
- Retired full elders or deacons can vote (Judicial Council Decision #531)
- Full elders or deacons under suspension from pastoral duties may vote (Judicial Council Decision #534)
Per ¶36 of the Constitution. See Also Para. 32, 25.2 & 602.4 for Lay Members.
- The following laity may vote during the balloting for the Lay Delegates to General and Jurisdictional Conference: Lay Member elected by their charge (one per appointed clergy), the conference lay leader, the conference president of United Methodist Men, the conference president of United Methodist Women, Lay delegates to the 2008 General and Jurisdictional Conferences, Diaconal Ministers, Lay Staff in the Conference Connectional Ministries Office, Lay Chairpersons of Conference Committees, District Lay Officers, and District At-Large Lay Members
Read more about General Conference 2012, which will be held April 24 to May 4, 2012 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, FL, go to: http://gc2012.umc.org