- About Us
- Camping & Retreat
- Christian Education
- Congregational Development
- Congregational Transformation
- Disability Ministries
- Disaster Response
- Ethnic Ministries
- Global Ministry
- Healing Wounds of Racism
- Lay Ministry
- Ordained Ministry
- Urban Ministry
- Volunteers in Mission
- Young People’s Ministry
- Capital Campaign
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Application Requirements NOTE: All materials must be RECEIVED by the May 17, 2010 application deadline.
Each applicant for the 2010 BUMP/BMCR Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
Must be a 2010 high school graduate who has been accepted to an accredited institution of higher learning for the fall 2010 semester.
Complete this APPLICATION FORM and follow the directions below.
Write a clear, concise, and grammatically correct ESSAY (minimum 300 words maximum 500 words) using the following questions:
- Many leaders, such as Martin Luther King, Jr., Mary McCleod Bethune and Barack Obama expressed a desire to make a difference in the world due to a sense of divine calling. What is God calling you to do with your life?
- How will these scholarship funds enable you to live as a disciple of Jesus Christ?
Significant emphasis will be placed on your essay. Therefore, it is imperative that you carefully construct and proof your work.
- On a separate sheet, please list all extra-curricular and church activities for the past four years. Indicate instances where you have held leadership roles in each of these activities.
- Submit a letter of reference from the Pastor of your congregation. The letter should reflect your leadership skills/abilities, and of your ability to excel in a higher education environment.
- Submit an official copy of your high school transcript. The transcript should be in a sealed envelope from your school’s guidance office.
- Provide a copy of your Letter of Acceptance from the institution that you have chosen to attend.
The deadline for receipt of ALL MATERIALS is Monday May 17, 2010.
Please note this is not a postmark deadline, all materials must be received on or before May 17, 2010. FORWARD APPLICATON AND ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO: Celestine Yancey, BUMP/BMCR Scholarship Committee, 2349 W. Hagert Street, Philadelphia, PA 19132; 215/228-5024
All churches are invited to participate in the financial support of the HARRY HOISER SCHOLARSHIP FUND. All donations (checks made payable to BUMP) may be mailed to Rev. F. L. Bracey, Mt. Carmel UMC, 5909 N. Park Avenue, Philadelphia PA 19141.